Important Information for Bodybuilders
Competition day is soon upon us, Saturday, October 5, 2019! please register before September 28 to compete.The venue is in an old church located at 575 Boulevard SE, Atlanta, GA 30312. Please note the “SE” as NE will put you in another neighborhood. I used the wrong zip code in a prior email, so please note that as well.
Here are notes for bodybuilders. I will also be sending two separate emails to the email list regarding powerlifters and volunteers.
Please let me know if you have not received an email containing your competitors handbook so I can email you one asap.
Please email me your 60-90 second edited music clip as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Your music must be turned in at the latest 24 hours before the competition. Failure to do so will result to the DJ picking a random song for you, probably Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On.”
All songs should be cut to between 60-90 seconds. Email your edited music to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your music can absolutely not contain any lyrics considered racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or with any sort of profanity in it. The best rule of thumb is to ask if it would offend or make a certain group of people uncomfortable. If the answer is yes, then it doesn’t meet the criteria. Music containing profanity or explicit language may result in being disqualified. I will review all music sent to me before the 24 hour deadline.
Please let me know as soon as possible your expected weight class for competition day. I am ordering trophies, and I need to know how many folks are competing in which weight class.
The weight classes for bodybuilders are as follows:
Transmen Weight Classes:
- Lightweight – Up to and including 145 pounds
- Middleweight – Over 145 pounds and up to and including 165 pounds
- Heavyweight – Over 165 pounds
Transwomen Weight Classes:
- To be determined by the Head Judge.
- Please let me know if you are planning on competing in Bikini or Bodybuilding.
Gender Non-Conforming (GNC) Class:
- If you are competing as a GNC contestant, you can either choose which division (Male or Female) that suits you best, or we will form a separate class for you. Please let me know in which of these three classes you plan to compete so I can order appropriate trophies.
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. We are honored to have you as contestants with the IATBP.
In Gratitude and Service,